Nielsen, the world's largest consumer insights company, found that advertising reach has a more significant effect on sales than branding, recency, and context.
There are many ways a local business owner can advertise. This includes traditional media like Philadelphia radio, local TV, and newspaper. It also includes online advertising options such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pandora.
They type of customer an individual business needs to reach depends on the goods and services the company sells. For instance, a daycare operator might want to reach households with young children. On the other hand, a real estate agent could be looking for consumers in the market to purchase a new home.
The charts below reveal how the different advertising options available to a Delaware Valley business compare in terms of the ability to reach customers with specific characteristics. This includes age, income, education, employment status, political affiliation, number of children, ethnicity, and purchase intent.
Reach By Age:
Reach By Income:
Reach By Education:
Reach By Employment Status:
Reach By Number Of Children At Home:
Reach By Ethnicity:
Reach By Political Party Affiliation:
Reach By Planned Household Purchases:
The demographic characteristics demonstrated above represent just a small number of the categories a business owner can consider. A reputable representative from a Philadelphia area media organization will be able to provide access to considerably more information.
More Advertising Advice For Delaware Valley Small Business Owners
- Employment Advertising: Reach 94% Of Qualified Candidates In Philly
- How To Reach Valentine's Day Shoppers In Philadelphia
- Advertising On Philadelphia Radio Works For Local Golf Courses
- Advertise In Philadelphia: The Value Of Marketing To College Graduates
- Philadelphia Small Business Advice: Top 10 Marketing Articles of 2019
- Local Business Recruits Clinical Test Subjects Using Philadelphia Radio