Local consumers will spend $93 billion over the next 12 months. Forbes magazine reports that it is moms who control 85% of all household purchases. Locally, there are more than 583,416 mothers with children under the age of 17 at home.
Delaware Valley small business owners need to pay special attention to these mothers and their wallets. For example, compared to the general population, over the next 12 months, local moms live in households that are
- 32% more likely to get married
- 36% more likely to buy a major appliance
- 39% more likely to purchase carpet/flooring
- 45% more likely to buy a new mattress
- 52% more likely to buy a new vehicle
- 56% more likely to move
- 95% more likely to buy new furniture
- 97% more likely to buy a smartphone
- 101% more likely to refinance a mortgage
There are three things these moms have in common. They are women. They have kids at home And, almost every single one of them, 91.9% to be exact, listens to Philadelphia radio stations each week. This is a significantly higher percentage than tune-in to local TV; reach local newspapers; or login to Facebook.
All moms are valuable, of course, but it's Delaware Valley's working mothers who have the most money to spend at local businesses.
Advertising on Philadelphia radio stations is, clearly, the best way for local business owners to reach working moms. More than 92% of all employed mothers tune-in each week.
A recent study by Nielsen that reach is the second most important component of an advertising campaign for driving sales. It's second only to the creative elements.
To reach both working and stay at home mothers, no other medium comes close to advertising on Philadelphia radio stations.
More Advertising Advice For Delaware Valley Business Owners
- ROI: How Delaware Valley Business Owners Turn Dimes To Dollars
- The Best Way A Jewelry Store Can Advertise In The Delaware Valley
- Recruitment Advertising: White-Collar Job Candidates In Philadelphia
- The Best Time Of Day To Advertise On Philadelphia Radio